The Robert H. Weaver council has and continues to support Our Lady of Mercy by:
• Holding Pancake Breakfasts to raise money for other parish organizations, like the Teen Mission trip this summer
• Sponsor buses to transport people to the March for Life Rally in Washington D.C.
• Through our Annual Tootsie Roll Drive we support local organizations that assist those with Intellectual Disabilities like Metea and Waubonsie Valley High Schools “Best Buddies” programs and Gigi's Playhouse
• We have purchased items for the parish including PLC bulletin boards, Christmas decorations, portable Alter and fryers for the kitchen
• Provide Scholarship awards for graduating high school seniors from OLM
• We host an annual Easter Egg Hunt at OLM
• We host a Free throw competition for girls and boys 9-14
• Provide Winter coats for local children through our Coats For Kids Program
• As well as Social activities for members and their families like an outing to the Kane County Cougars and much more
We sponsor and support monthly Mobile Food Pantries in conjunction with Catholic Charities and the Norther Illinois Food Bank held in the OLM parking lot.
Join our Council
Would you like to become a member? We're always looking for active Catholic gentlemen that want to make a difference.